WREN was established in 1997.
WREN is a company limited by guarantee and a non-profit making Environmental Body (EB) registered to fund projects which are eligible under the Landfill Communities Fund.
WREN receives the majority of its funding from the landfill tax levied by FCC Environment (formerly Waste Recycling Group)
Our operating philosophy is to:
- minimise costs whilst maintaining high standards of support for applicants for funds and those undertaking projects
- maximise the amount of money allocated to successful project applicants
- operate in a fair, professional manner
- involve local people in the decision making process
- raise levels of awareness of the Landfill Communities Fund so that those organisations with eligible projects seek funding support.
This website will show you which areas WREN operates in and give examples of the type of projects WREN can fund. For more information on the Landfill Communities Fund visit the ENTRUST website.