Funding approved for refurbishment of Fulbeck Village Hall
Fulbeck Village Hall is over 120 years old and requires maintenance on a regular basis. The money awarded by WREN’s FCC Community Action Fund will be used to:-
- Replace circuit boards and provide new wall lights and PIR lights to entrance. The Hall is lit by very bright fluorescent tubes and the new wall lights will improve the ambience of the Hall and be more conducive to a social atmosphere. Also, to install sockets for speakers for a new PA system.
- Install Acoustic Panels to either end of the Hall which will reduce echo and reverberations which will improve presentations, concerts, delivery by speakers, etc.
- Completely redecorate the main Hall, kitchen, committee room, entrance hall, etc. in soft greys which will give the Hall a contemporary look.
- The sprung wooden floor will be repaired, sanded and re-lacquered to include marking out and painting a Badminton court using specialist line marking paint. It is over 40 years since the floor was treated and this will protect the floor for many years to come.
- Replacing the outside kitchen door with a new white UPVC multi-locking panic door half-glazed which will be much more secure and give more light to the kitchen.
- Replace the old plastic chairs with chrome legged upholstered chairs which will be more comfortable for parties, conferences, suppers, etc. Also some small bistro tables for small groups.
Iris Morison, Fund Raiser and Village Hall committee member, believes the refurbished Village Hall will make a huge difference to the lives of people living in the area.
“This project will provide a real boost to the people of Fulbeck. It is fantastic that WREN has awarded us this money and we are really looking forward to the improvements to our Village Hall taking place over the next few months.”
Cheryl Raynor, WREN’s grant manager for Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire and Nottinghamshire, says: “We are delighted to be supporting the Fulbeck Village Hall Refurbishment project and pleased that our funding will provide such a fantastic facility for local people. WREN is always happy to consider grant applications for projects that make a difference to local communities and we’re really looking forward to seeing this one take shape soon.”
Iris Morison hopes the refurbishment will be completed by April/May this year. Once this work has been carried out, I think the Hall will undoubtedly be up to modern day standards and villagers’ expectations. This will certainly make the Hall much more attractive to villagers and people wanting to hold parties and to groups who use the Hall on a regular basis. Also to commercial enterprises who use the Hall.
The Hall is used by:-
Parish Council (it is also the Polling Station), History Group, Library Group, Mums & Toddlers’ Group, Children’s Dance, Band practise, Art Group, Badminton, Ballroom Dancing, Keep Fit, Antique Fairs, Sewing, Table Top sales, Theatre Group, Children’s Christmas Party, Christening party, Harvest Supper (103 attendees in 2016), New Year’s Eve party, Birthday parties, and many other Village parties as well as private parties. Also, many fund-raising events for the village and charities.
Fulbeck Village Hall Committee is very grateful to WREN for awarding them this grant which is very much appreciated and will greatly benefit the village and surrounding area.