IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE FCC COMMUNITY ACTION FUND
The number of applications WREN receives outweighs the levels of funding available considerably so in order to manage funding expectation we have introduced two additional criteria in line with our objectives.
Who can apply for funding:
WREN will accept applications from the following types or organisations:
- A Registered Charity which operates a community facility
- A Church or Parochial Church Council
- A Parish or Town Council or a Management Committee or User Association acting on behalf of a Parish or Town Council
- A Local Authority
- A CASC Registered Sports Club
What type of facility we will fund:
WREN will accept applications for the provision, maintenance or improvement of the following types of public amenity only:
- Village Halls and Community Centres
- Public Play Areas
- Publicly available Multi use games areas, skate parks and BMX tracks
- Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access
- Churches – community spaces only
- Nature Reserves
- Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access
If you wish to apply for funding please download and read our Guide for Applicants first. It contains important information about what we will fund, what you need to evidence and the supporting information you need to supply with your application.
If you have any queries regarding a future application to WREN please contact the relevant Grant Administrator.
These changes apply to the FCC Community Action Fund only.