This website is owned and operated by WREN (Waste Recycling Environmental Limited) ("us" and "we") We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy explains how we use personal information that you provide to us through this website.
1 We provide funding for community, heritage and environmental improvement projects through the Landfill Communities Fund.
2 We may obtain personal information about you as an individual when you use this website. "Personal information" means information that allows an individual to be personally identified (such as your name and address). You can access this website and browse certain areas without disclosing personal information to us. However, personal information may be collected by us when you email us for further information. Also if you send us an application form for funding we will collect personal information then. The elements of personal data that we may collect include:
- Forename and surname
- Company/business name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
3. It is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information held by us is processed fairly and lawfully, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"). We will monitor our procedures to ensure compliance. All our employees who have access to personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
4. Personal information provided by you to us will be used for the purposes of providing you with the information and advice that you have requested and any other help or guidance that you may need. In addition, we may be required by law to disclose it or use it in certain ways (for example by a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process). We will not hold it for any longer than is necessary for those purposes.
5. If you require further guidance or advice or use services that are available (other than those provided through this website), we will inform you at the time you provide information how the information that you provide will be held and used.
6. If you are under 18 you should inform your parent or guardian before you provide information to us. You may, however, wish to contact us without an adult knowing about it. We keep all details confidential and if you do not understand how your information will be used (or any other aspect of this policy) please contact us before providing any information to us.
7. We will not pass your personal information to any other party or use it for any other reason other than as set out in this policy without your prior consent, unless we believe that there is a serious risk to you or another person. We would then only do this, however, after discussing this with you.
8. We do not use "cookies" or other similar tracking systems on our site.
10. Under the Act, you may ask us to provide you with the details of any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests should be emailed or posted to our Communications Manager at the address set out below. Please note that a maximum fee of £10 will be payable if you wish us to provide such information.
11. If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any of your personal information, please contact our Communications Manager at the address set out below. We may ask you to provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request. We will promptly correct any information, which is found to be incorrect.
12. By using the web site and not letting us know anything different, you agree to us using the information in the way set out above. If you have any queries on this policy or the way that your information may be used please contact our Opearations Manager at: