All Saints Church, Cambridge

The Churches Conservation Trust have been responsible for All Saints Church since 1981, when it was made redundant. The building is of the gothic revival, built between 1863 and 1871. The glory of the Church is its lofty, unaltered, tractarian interior, where all wall and roof surfaces are adorned with rich polychrome stenciled decoration by Kempe and Morris, amongst the finest craftsmen of the period. After completing extensive external repairs, the Trust turned their attention to the interior.

Although used during the summer period for meetings, talks and concerts, more  organisations expressed an interest in using the building for art and music events during other times of the year. Without adequate heating provision, this was not possible.

 

In order to ensure that the building became usable throughout the year and to protect the structural and decorative fabric, heating was restored to All Saints.

 

Now visitors and concert-goers no longer have to consider wrapping up against the inside freezing temperatures and can clap un-gloved hands!

 

Project Details

Area
Cambridgeshire
Project types
Community, Regeneration
Administrator
Lyn Hannant
Started
May 01, 2009
Finished
Jul 31, 2009
Location
View on map

Grant Information

Scheme
FCC Community Action Fund
Grant allocated
£25,000.00
Project cost
£84,799.00

Project Finder

You are here