Holt Kenyon Hall Refurbishment

Holt Kenyon Hall Refurbishment

Holt Town Hall was previously destroyed by fire and land was donated by Lord Kenyon to the villagers of Holt. The Kenyon Hall was built on this land with money raised by the Primrose League, a Conservative Association. The Duchess of Westminster officially opened the hall in 1892 and It was used as a meeting place and reading room. In 1935 the hall was placed under control of the Holt Town Trust and in 1940 it was registered as a charity.

The building is now a hub of activity for many user groups and it is fully booked most weekends. Various posters and newspaper articles have been received showing details of a myriad of events held which are almost on a monthly basis to raise funding for the costs of improving the hall. They have had dances, cheese and wine evenings, Victorian displays, live music (provided by local ‘rolling stones’ type group), ladies evenings, street parties, VE day, treasured memories day.

Regular users include; Line dancing, art group, badminton, bingo, band practice, bowling, children’s parties, dances, coffee mornings, table top sales, and church events as well as the many fundraising and fun events listed above.

There has been considerable investment in the last few years using the halls own funding including new hardwood front windows, refurbishment of the bar area, toilets, fire alarm, stage curtains, and new kitchen. The Hall is fully accessible to disabled users and the applicants have installed new disabled toilets and a ramp to the front entrance.

WREN funding (£16,187.00) will go to make further improvements including new windows, new central heating boiler and painting the exterior of the building.

Project Details

Area
Wrexham
Project types
Community
Started
Jun 24, 2008
Finished
Oct 06, 2008
Location
View on map

Grant Information

Scheme
FCC Community Action Fund
Grant allocated
£16,187.00
Project cost
£19,524.00

Project Finder

You are here